Victor Osimhen has threatened to sue Napoli over the ‘unacceptable’ TikTok video
According to Osimhen’s lawyer, the player may sue Napoli after a video ridiculing his penalty miss was released and then deleted from the club’s TikTok account.
Victor Osimhen, a Napoli striker, is reserving “the right to take legal action” against his own club after a peculiar video allegedly insulting the player was released and then withdrawn from the Serie A club’s official TikTok account.
The Nigerian striker’s agent, Roberto Calenda, issued a statement on X, previously Twitter, claiming that the video was inappropriate.
very serious damage to the player”.
“What happened today on Napoli’s official profile on the TikTok platform is not acceptable. A video mocking Victor was first made public and then, but now belatedly, deleted,” Calenda said in the statement on Tuesday.
“We reserve the right to take legal action and any other useful initiative to protect Victor.”
Osimhen scored 31 goals in all competitions last season to help the Italian team win its first league title in three decades.
The bizarre social media film comes after it looked like Osimhen and Napoli manager Rudi Garcia were arguing throughout the game.
The 24-year-old striker was spotted berating Garcia after he was replaced with four minutes remaining in the 0-0 draw.
After the match, Garcia told reporters: “Even the greatest players in the history of football miss penalties. As for when he went off, we talked about that, what I say to my players remains in the locker room.”
Osimhen, who piqued Manchester United’s interest this summer, refused to sign a new deal with the Italian club.
Champions Napoli are eighth in the table and host Udinese on Wednesday.