“May Be Tempted…” BBC Reporter Reveals What Sheikh Jassim Is Likely To Do Next After United Stall Bidding Process

Sheikh Jassim is likely to be considering whether to make a fifth bid for Manchester United, according to BBC journalist Simon Stone.

The club have yet to decide on a preferred bidder between Jassim and Sir Jim Ratcliffe and, while there were some rumours last week that there can be some sort of announcement soon; there have been no new developments.

United’s board met on Thursday, where an update on the bidding process was given, but no decisions were said to have been made.

With that being the case, Stone says “there is a feeling” that Jassim “may be tempted” into making a higher bid for the Red Devils.

Up until now, it is been felt that the Glazer family have not been entirely convinced by the offers on the table so Jassim may need to push the boat out in order for the club’s current owners to accept his proposal.

United’s transfer business could be affected

The delay in the takeover could affect the club’s plans in the summer transfer window. There is likely to be a reluctance to release funds when it isn’t known whose money the club is spending.

Manager Erik ten Hag is keen to reinforce his first-team squad but the Red Devils could miss out on key targets if they can’t make bids until later this summer.


See also  Report Says Major 'Obstacle' Could Stop Arsenal From Sealing £8.5M Transfer

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *