Breaking: Portable Granted Bail Over Alleged Assault, Theft

Nigerian controversial singer, Habeeb Okikiola, popularly known as Portable, has been granted bail by the magistrate court in Ifo, Ogun State on Monday.

Arsenalinterest earlier reported that the Ogun State Police Command had arraigned Portable on a three-count charge bothering on alleged assault and theft of musical equipment.

Recall that the Force Public Relations Officer, CSP Muyiwa Adejobi, had said Portable will face more than six charges bordering on alleged assault and his inciting comments against the police.

Adejobi had said: “He will be charged to court for beating up a guy in Ota, who filed a petition to CP Ogun.

“There are many pending cases of assaults on people and attacks, and he will be investigated because people have complained against him.

“So, there is no sentiment in law, let him appear in court, and allow the judge to listen to the charges against him. He has no constitutional immunity anyway.”

The singer’s ordeal with the police started last week when he made an Instagram Live video in which he claimed that police had attacked his bar in Sango Ota at the request of an online scammer.

The musician was invited to the Ogun State Police Command’s headquarters after the video, which has since gone viral and generated some internet controversy.

Portable, however, chose to ignore the numerous invitation of the police, claiming that the invitations were unwarranted because he makes his money “legitimately.”

The 29-year-old also referred to himself as “a federal government liability”.

The musician was apprehended by the police on Friday after the expiration of the 72-hour ultimatum given to him by the police to turn himself in.

See also  Korra Obidi Flaunts New Lover, Weeks After Hinting On 'Tasting Nigerian Men'


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *