Apply Now: Sourcing Strategy Advisor
About the job
Chemonics seeks a Nigerian cooperating country national Sourcing Strategy Advisor for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program – Procurement and Supply Management project in Nigeria. This project aims to ensure an uninterrupted supply of health commodities to prevent suffering, save lives, and create a brighter future for families around the world. The Sourcing Strategy Advisor will provide and support technical assistance to stakeholders and donors on appropriate sourcing approaches for health product requirements and other technical services across HIV/AIDs, Malaria, Tuberculosis, Family Planning, and Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health programs to ensure that quality health products and services are sourced to meet the needs of the program. This individual will work in collaboration with other managers and advisors and will inform health product procurements to promote uninterrupted access to health service delivery under the direction of the Plan and Source Director or his/her designee. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Support the development and implementation of appropriate health product sourcing strategy from local and international manufacturers/vendors that provides the best value and meets donor requirements
- Support the maintenance of the list of approved health products and sources by international (USFDA, USAID, and WHO) and national (NAFDAC) regulatory authorities for procurement of HIV/AIDS, Malaria, TB, and MNCH health products and essential medicines
- In collaboration with the Forecasting and Supply Planning team, lead in the development and monitoring of the health commodities manual budget trackers for all task orders and review all procurement requests to ensure that requests are as per the client/mission approved supply plan, COP/Fast tool, and MOP budget values and volumes for each health product category
- Support the maintenance, monitoring, and collation/processing of letter of No Objection from market authorization holders/product registration status and to obtain annual NAFDAC e-permits for health products that are procured from international sources with local registration to meet the needs of the program
- Lead the maintenance of database on GHSC-PSM procured health products catalogue, shelf life, and updating of ARTMIS catalogue with new products
- Support the establishment of relationships with appropriate national regulatory authorities (NAFDAC & Pharmacist Council of Nigeria) to be abreast with knowledge with drugs banned from importation on NAFDAC ceiling list and drugs import quality standards regulatory requirements for destination port seamless custom clearance
- Participate in procurement and supply management technical working group meetings to inform discussions on product selection, innovations, and new market dynamic that affects product availability
- Monitor national policy and regulatory frameworks that affects new and existing health products, equipment and services to guide decisions on product pricing, availability, and use
- In collaboration with customs team, lead in reviewing and monitoring of order shipments documents (certificate of analysis, CRIA, and product RSL) and provide technical support in processing of Import Duty Exemption Certificate (IDEC) and make recommendation for applications of new IDEC when values waived are almost exhausted
- In collaboration with Promoting the Quality of Medicines (PQMplus), lead in the identification of quality assured local pharmaceutical manufacturers and wholesalers of essential medicines for linkage to DRF states
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- Three years of professional experience in health product selection, procurement, regulations, registration etc. in public and private sectors.
- Experience in client and vendor relationship management, technical writing, and oral presentation skills highly desired
- Ability to use Microsoft Suites and procurement/sourcing ERP systems
- Experience on health commodity management and product profiles
- Experience working on USAID or donor-funded project is preferred
- Fluency in English is required
Please apply with your CV and cover letter using this link by September 12, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/
Also Apply For
- Apply: Freelance Web Designer
- Radiologist | Paid Data Annotation Opportunity | Remote
- Apply Now: Project Manager IT – UK
- Apply Now: Software Engineering Training Consultant