One of the biggest disadvantages of cloud computing is the potential for disruptions to an organization when there is an outage or a technical problem in the absence of 24/7 support
At Trilogy, we think our customers deserve better. We push the limits of cloud infrastructure by maintaining 80+ centrally-managed SaaS products that support business-critical functions for Fortune 500 companies and SMBs alike. We aim for 99.9% uptime and 24/7 incident coverage. To give you an idea of the massive scale of our cloud operations, we spent $700k in the past year just on Cloudwatch Monitoring of our infrastructure.
With us, you will ramp up on the latest AWS technologies and learn how a massive enterprise SaaS company runs reliably on the cloud with minimal downtime. This role is about diving deep into outages and finding solutions to quickly restore the product. If you are a system and network administration expert who loves troubleshooting and is looking to turbocharge your career into the cloud, you have found the perfect job. However, if you hate firefighting, don’t enjoy solving complex problems, or would rather support a handful of steady-state products, this role is not for you.
The breadth and depth of this role will prepare you for a CloudOps role in any industry. Apply now to take the next step in your career and become the prime infrastructure problem-solver in our organization!
- Apply Now: Forecasting and Supply Planning Advisor
- Apply Now: Freelance Full-Stack Developer
- Apply as a Vue Js Developer
What You Will Be Doing
- Resolving incidents. You will troubleshoot urgent outages or degradations in the infrastructure and create solutions to resolve them.
What You Won’t Be Doing
- Coding. This role is about diagnosing outages and proposing solutions, not fixing code.
- Dealing with customers. You will not address user-specific requests or conduct customer-facing issue resolution
- Writing documentation. The creation of technical documentation or runbooks is not in scope for this role.
Linux System Engineer Key Responsibilities
Ensuring 99.9% uptime and 24×7 incident coverage for our infrastructure that supports over 80 fully functioning SaaS products
- Professional experience with cloud infrastructure and orchestration tools (Docker/Kubernetes)
- 3+ years of hands-on experience troubleshooting system and network administration issues for both Windows and Linux
- A passion for solving problems, accountability over issues, and a strong achievement drive
Hundreds of software businesses run on the Trilogy Business Platform. For three decades, Trilogy has been known for 3 things: Relentlessly seeking top talent, Innovating new technology, and incubating new businesses. Our technological innovation is spearheaded by a passion for simple customer-facing designs. Our incubation of new businesses ranges from entirely new moon-shot ideas to rearchitecting existing projects for today’s modern cloud-based stack. Trilogy is a place where you can be surrounded with great people, be proud of doing great work, and grow your career by leaps and bounds.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Working with Crossover
This is a full-time (40 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation level for this role is $30 USD/hour, which equates to $60,000 USD/year assuming 40 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
Important! If you do not receive an email from us:
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form – by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Crossover Job Code: LJ-3362-NG-Lagos-LinuxSystemEng.013