About Dev-Afrique Development Advisors
Dev-Afrique Development Advisors is a social-impact organization of strategy and development professionals committed to solving complex challenges on the African continent. With networks across African countries, we provide high-level advisory and develop unique strategies for non-profit organizations and start-ups in emerging and frontier markets in Africa. Our expertise extends across agriculture, environment and climate change, financial inclusion, health, water sanitation and hygiene, and public policy.
About the Position
Dev-Afrique is looking to recruit a Software Developer who is passionate about creating mobile applications focused on deploying geospatial solutions and solving other development issues in Africa. The ideal candidate is excited to work at the intersection of the development sector and governance while utilizing the newest technological trends and the best software engineering practices.
- Support the entire application lifecycle (concept, design, test, release, and support)
- Directing software programming and documentation development.
- Consulting with team members or clients on project status and proposals.
- Produce fully functional mobile applications writing clean code
- Gather specific requirements and suggest solutions
- Troubleshoot and debug to optimize performance
- Design interfaces to improve user experience
- Research and suggest new mobile products, applications, and protocols
- Stay up to date with new technology trends
- Apply For Senior Business Development Manager Job
- Apply For Audio & TV product marketing support officer Job
- Interested candidates must possess a BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or any other relevant field.
- Possess 3-5 years’ experience in developing mobile software apps.
- Demonstrable portfolio of released applications on the App store or the Android market
- Experience building data-collection tools or ODK-based apps similar Kobo Collect etc.
- Extensive knowledge of mainstream languages like Python, Ruby, Java, etc.
- Have solid experience building Android applications. Applications that have real users or an open-source project would be a great plus.
- Familiarity with OOP design principles
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to make well-thought-out decisions.
- Experience in start-ups or start-up development activities is a plus.
- Experience developing an app utilized in global health delivery or geospatial projects is desired.